Friday, November 12, 2010

My Arizona Trip At The Airport

Today, I went to Arizona for a soccer tournament. I left school early to pack my soccer stuff and went on my way to the Oakland International Airport. When I arrived, my father saw his good friend Bruce that worked as a security guard at the airport. We talked for a while about vacations and headed on inside to the security check in. I rolled my grey suitcase through the crowed at ease, while clamping onto my gigantic soccer bag. My father followed as he carried the flight tickets. We went through security taking off our shoes, jackets and cellular devices. I also had to take out my laptop of course. It made me scared when I went through the big machine thing because I was apprehensive about metal being on me.
We finally met my teammates at gate number twelve. When we finally got the chance to board the plane I struggled to put down the book, The Kite Runner. I got to my seat, 11F luckily the window seat, while an elderly woman sat on the aisle seat. My father followed and sat in between the woman and me. Before the plane took off on our journey to Arizona, my father and the woman began to converse a lot.
Throughout the flight I heard the sounds of my dad bragging about his life, as the woman did the same. I sat next to the window gleaming out at the beautiful scenery; mountains, rivers, plains and city lights. I was enthralled in the book The Kite Runner the entire flight. It was a span of three hours which I took the time to read the amazing novel by Khaled Hosseini. I was proud of myself since I took the time to actually annotate the book. The elder woman saw The Kite Runner and enthusiastically rambled on about her amusement with the novel. She explained to my father what it was about and he began to look interested in what she was saying.
They talked for the entire flight; non-stop. Mostly about their lives and kids. As the flight came to an end, the lady finally introduced herself as Sandy. When we got off of the plane my father finally told me, “Dang, I wanted to go to sleep, but she kept talking to me!” I laughed at what he said and continued on to the rest of my journey in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment