Friday, September 17, 2010

Life at ASTI.-Response

After reading Nawara's post about her experience at ASTI and how she feels about the school I was inspired by how she explained in detail her opinions. In her post she stated:

When I think about school, I imagine homework, quizzes, breaks, gossip, etc. When I came to Alameda Science and Technology Institute, I learned that I was in a smaller environment and in an area that is full time work, work, work. When it was my first day of school, all I was thinking about was college. I felt like I was not in a high school where they have rallies, dances, and football games. I was in a community where we succeed in higher educational standards.
 I can relate to her thoughts on her first impression of high school because, before I came to ASTI I wished to go to Alameda High School. I wanted to have the full high school experience and be able to take part in school rallies, dances and football games. Seeing how amusing and fun others made it seem I was excited to be in a "regular" high school. When I found out I was going to ASTI I didn't know if I should have been ecstatic, or if I made the wrong decision. I knew ASTI was a better choice for me educationally but at the same time all of my friends were attending AHS.

I am glad that I made the choice to go to ASTI because now I realize how important this school is to me. With less students I don't have to struggle with crowded hallways and constant drama. Leaving my friends was tough since I've known them for so long, but I feel like this was a big step for me independently. Although I still wish I could attend games and homecoming events at my school, I know that ASTI will give me better results for my future and in the long run those things don't matter as much as the college you are accepted into.

Nawara does a good job explaining her thoughts on ASTI and after reading this she helped me realize that I made the right choice on coming to this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment