Friday, September 17, 2010

First Month at ASTI-freewrite

After having a quick write in class about my thoughts of the first month of ASTI I was inspired to write a post about how it went. When asked about ASTI the first thoughts that came to my mind was, challenging, a lot of homework, and social suicide! At first I thought ASTI was simply a nerd school. Knowing that I was the smartest out of my group of friends I guess I am considered a nerd too. On the first day of school I was shy and didn't really know who I was going to end up becoming friends with. After the first week I made new friends and started to enjoy this school a lot. My thoughts about ASTI being a nerd school started to fade away as I saw the different types of people around me. I didn't realize that some people that came here just wanted to better themselves educationally.

When two weeks went by ASTI seemed like paradise to me. The homework load was fair, I met new people, and after the end of the day I was always excited to see what will happen the next day. My favorite class was P.E. I enjoyed interacting with other people and found myself counting down the minutes of each period to get to the next. ASTI wasn't a nerd school to me at all. I was having the time of my life.

Once I began settling in at ASTI and school started to get more serious I was still able to keep up with my classes finding everything to go by smoothly. Later on I ran into a bit of drama but found my way out of it. School was the same and every new day seemed like the one before. This is when I realized that I adapted to how things went at ASTI.

My first month of ASTI was exciting. I remember telling my sister how glad I was to be here. Every school day went by so fast that I couldn't wait for another one to come. This first month has been a great experience for me and I am excited to see how the rest of the year goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment