Friday, October 1, 2010

Response to Karen

After reading Karen’s blog post about love and what it means I had much to say about it. In her blog she says:
Every word he spoke was true.I occasionally did just want to have someone to call mine without actually having feelings towards them.Love does fade away.There have been various divorces and a lot of people do cheat on their supposed,"Amor." I'm not anti-love is just that i haven't seen proof of any long lasting love without any difficulties or problems.

I can see where Karen is coming from. I feel that love is real, but at a young age like now, it’s hard to tell if you really “love” someone. When teenagers tell each other that they love one another, sometimes they can be blinded by how they are feeling at the moment. Maybe it’s something you like saying to someone but may not always be true. It feels right to say it at the moment but in the end you don’t actually feel that way. I’m not saying that love can’t exist in a teenage relationship because I have seen it happen, but I realized that many people say they love each other without understanding what they’re saying.

Also, I do believe that love is real because not everybody gets divorces, sometimes things don’t work out but there have been other really successful marriages that do exist. Maybe Karen has not seen proof of long lasting love in teenage relationships but it could be because teenagers can be too young to really love one another. In middle school I’ve seen many relationships that last about a week or so and end. During the relationships the couples say that they love each other. I feel that teenagers get into relationships with people that are attractive to them but never really consider thinking about the way they act. Sure they can be really nice but in the end you never know if the person you “love” is really uptight or jealous until you stay with them longer. Maybe this is why Karen has not seen long lasting love occur. I feel that love is real but it’s hard to tell whether you love someone or not at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment