Monday, May 2, 2011

Peer Review Thingy.

Alex-
I like how you added background info of your character. It helped me understand more about what was occurring. However, it is hard for me to see what question you were doing. Based off of reading this, I would guess that it was the one to do with a character in your book. What I would recommend for you to do is to just weave the quote into your review more smoothly and make sure that the readers understand the content of the book. It can get a bit confusing when we read the review and don't really know what you are referring to. Overall awesome job.

Rokhsor-
Aww man Mr. Sutherland! I posted the comment on Rokhsor's blog and I forgot to copy it before I posted it, so it can only be visible if she allows it to be. So now I don't really know the exact words but I'll do my best to get the main points :/.
I liked how you gave a clear understanding of the main events in the book within a few paragraphs in your review. This helped readers interpret your writing better. What I would recommend is for you to add a quote that refers to either the character or how it engaged you or how it bored you. Then relate this quote to one of your paragraphs. This will help readers take in what you claim about the book since you have more evidence. Also try to refrain from using second person. I am not entirely sure if it is that much of a problem, but I know in previous blogs I was told not to so yeah, just something to keep in mind. All in all this review was very informing.

Jesse-
I liked how you added great detail about how the author writes the book in a way that gives readers hope of a happy ending but later turns them down. As I read your review it made me want to read the book however I don't think I could take so much stress and depression. You made your review very persuasive. I actually thought you had somewhat of and introduction, however you should separate it from the rest of the first paragraph so it is more clear. Also try to sum up what you are trying to point out with a concluding paragraph. Good work Jesse.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the extra work to "recreate" what you wrote for Rokhsor. I appreciate the help you gave to your classmates and I'm sure they do too!

    ReplyDelete